View Single Post
Unread 12-23-2008, 09:37 PM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

Wiring cleanup point #1. As you can see this might be an efficient connection of all four wires but it doesn't look that pretty. This is the correct arrangement of wires and Honda originally used a four lead receptacle that had four bullet male connectors plugged into it. To clean this up I extended a couple of the wires so that there was more play in the harness for tucking it away. Then I decided to add a connector so that the wires could be disconnected it need be from the front to the rear of the harness. Oh well it just looks a heck of a lot better and I now know all the connections are protected from the elements.

Exposed copper wire results in premature corrosion of the wires:

Just follow the numbers wires. The two wires from the left #1 and #2 were extended with brown wire and then put into a female connector. These would then be plugged into the #3 and #4 wires that were joined into the male connector.

This is as good as the solder would stick to the really old copper wire. If it was clean, new copper wire then the solder would have mated much better. It works fine as it is. We gotta work with what we have.

Wire union just before the shrink wrap was applied.

And finally the 4 way union of all the wires. You can't even see the original #1 and #2 wires as they were so short.