View Single Post
Unread 05-15-2009, 03:01 PM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers
Default Glove Shopping & Reviews

To kick off my thread about gloves I would like to share what I think is the most important thing when it comes to riding gear: safety 1st, quality in comparison to price point, then comfort.
  1. Safety 1st - Well every year motorcycle gear gets better and better. I want something that will allow me to walk away from a crash without a scratch. THAT is the goal. Now here is where quality and price point come in.
  2. Quality / Price - There is a big middle ground of GREAT gear that can be had for a good bargain... this is typically the gear that is a year old BUT is top of the line. I do not care if its the best looking gear. I bargain shop like mad, my parent taught me that. You can get the BEST gear for nearly half off which puts it in the "I can afford the best" category.
  3. Comfort - Some people would put this higher in the list but here is why I don't so much... It's not that big of a deal to find some gear that is comfortable. You can pretty much take any piece of gear, find your size and if it fits, GREAT. If it doesn't, get the correct size or just use it for a while and it will break in and be comfortable. Most every single piece of motorcycle gear needs to break in to be good and comfortable.
Now you have a pretty good understanding about what I look for and I think it represents a vast majority of other seasoned riders. We all buy gear strictly because we need helmets and we want to live when or if we take a spill on the bike, right? Then we all want a killer deal on an awesome jacket or a really technically advanced helmet that is super lightweight. And last the thing better be comfortable or you won't use it.