View Single Post
Unread 07-09-2016, 08:24 PM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

Very good. All the older Hondas are SO easy to ride. They make a perfect tool for learning to ride and work the controls and such.

About the turn signals... when I was about 15 I used to ride around a 1969 CL70 a lot. I would ride all over some ranch property and backroads all over the area. It is actually a street legal scrambler type bike with a manual transmission. The lights worked but not all that well. They horn was pathetic. From my experience building RC cars, the batteries and the motors I knew the importance of contacts wiring resistance. I removed all of the bullet style connectors from the harness and hard wired everything together while making sure the terminals were shiny and the little 6V battery terminals were in top shape. The electrical system worked REALLY well once this was done. The lights were very bright, the signals blinked properly and the horn worked great. I have a feeling that all the older Hondas worked really well when they were new but over time the resistance and performance gets worse and worse, naturally.

Here is my old 1969 Honda CL70. I still have it! It's such a useful little bike on a ranch or around the neighborhood. It has the 4 speed manual which gets a lot more power out of the engine. It does wheelies pretty good even with the larger wheels.