Thread: What's next?
View Single Post
Unread 05-19-2007, 07:48 PM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

So I got my CA160 up and running recently and what a great running motorcycle! This is just making me want to up the ante a little bit and ride the Superhawk 250. There are a lot of things to address before I put it back into service. I need to double check the points and ignition. Of course I need to rebuild the little pick up actuator things in the starter since they have chipped and need replacing. I'll get some pictures of this action later on when I work on it.

Basically if I got a new battery for it and flushed the tank and carb this bike will start right up. I think I'm going to have to do a repaint on it in order to get a historically correct paint color on it. I also have learned exactly how to do perfect bodywork since I last fixed up this bike. I would like to roll the metal fenders perfectly flat and then repaint them. I should be able to get a couple new rubber pieces and really make this bike a perfectly restored example of a proper CA77 Superhawk. Oh and I got a lot of cool stuff to polish anything perfectly.

I can't wait to get this bike into service again and take it out. With my little CA160 I have to really plan out my rides since it takes so long cruising around at 35-50mph. It could go faster of course but I only wring it out to 60 when I need to get on the freeway for short skips across town. The Superhawk will do this sort of around town work much faster. We have a lot of hills around here in Paso Robles so it would be nice to have the extra torque. B)