View Single Post
Unread 05-01-2010, 06:24 PM

Default 1UZ in 88 4runner MAYBE

Hey there, i have been reading alot about doing this swap into all types of vehicles. So i have a 91 1UZ that i was going to put into my cherokee. BUT the firewall will have to be modified WAY to much to get it done. So i have pretty much scraped that idea.

BTW the ls400 bellhousing bolts directly to the cherokee AW4 auto. That is why i even considered it in the first place. But have never come across this combo yet done.

So Now i have an 86 & 88 4runner's, both with 22re's, the 86 is an automatic and the 88 is a manual.

I like the 88 more due to it is a SR5 model and the interior is much nicer than the 86. But the engine is not in the 88 and is begging for the 1UZ

SO since it is a manual trans and after reading how much it took to modify and adapt a manual to a 1UZ. I am really decided on using a Auto trans.

Well now i really would like to find out if anyone knows why i could not use the AW4 trans behind the 1UZ in my 88 SR5. The AW4 has its own computer in the cherokee. & i have wired this trans in behind newer Jeep wrangler engines with great success.