View Single Post
Unread 01-27-2012, 06:12 PM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers
Default Spray-In Bed Liner Installation

I did a little research around the web for spray in bedliners kits that you can do yourself. I used the Gator-Guard kit for my Tacoma a few years back and considering the small amount of prep work I did the liner turned out VERY durable and has lasted a long long time. I called around to my local suppliers and determined that the best kit for the money was called "Shake and Spray". If you are contemplating a spray in liner have a look at my experience and you will learn a lot of great tips to help your project look as good as possible. I did a quick and painless spray liner in my Tacoma and I did it the long and hard way on my Dodge 2500 diesel which is a much much larger bed with more detail.

Why do it yourself? Well simply for much less money I can spray in a liner AND add a thick rubber mat to cover the floor of the bed. The Line-X and Rhino type liners are indeed better, come with a warranty and will be applied in a thicker coat. BUT you will be spending over three hundred more dollars.

I would ALMOST paid to have a liner sprayed by a local place and I wanted to... but it's just more money than I want to spend since I still need a new set of tires. So continuing on with the do it yourself theme on my truck I went a sprayed it myself.

Last edited by Smithers; 01-27-2012 at 06:37 PM.