View Single Post
Unread 02-21-2011, 07:52 AM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

It's just a ton of work! That's about how much I would charge but that's just labor. And I wouldn't feel like that was enough money while I was doing it either. The result is incredible BUT it comes at a huge cost... and don't forget about the down time. It could be done in less than a month if you have all your parts ready but people don't realize how bad it sucks not to have your truck on the road for that long. You also have to have a steady income so you can keep shoveling it into the project. If you run out of cash and can't keep it coming to pay for random parts you might (will) need then you're dead in the water. The last couple weeks of my install were painfully expensive. I had to swap in some ARP hardware to hold the cylinder heads down properly and once I did get it running the charging system wasn't working... the only thing I DIDn'T replace or buy new was the alternator and yep, it was bad and I had to buy a new one. And the high power alternators for the Lexus cars aren't cheap no matter where you get them.