View Single Post
Unread 03-21-2010, 09:35 PM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

Hey good to see ya man. About the body lift it is necessary in my eyes as it makes fitment much easier and heck it benefits the tire clearance and ability to turn larger tires much better. 2" lift on these trucks is mandatory in my eyes. It makes life much easier and actually makes it feel like a real truck.

The header mods are not so easy but they will make people into better fabricators. No doubt about that. And the shock buckets really will need to be cut down. It won't take one bit of integrity out of the mount and when you grind your weld smooth and paint it not one person will notice. My body lift is like 3" just about. I had 2 before and just went up to 3 during the swap because I made boxed mounts for my custom front end and I had to decide right then how high while taking into consideration my future modifications. I want my truck to be proportional and since I'll be going with the wide stance long travel front suspension sometime I opted to go 3" higher. My bed is still at 2" since I hadn't bothered with those mounts yet. I want to box those mounts as well but when I do a rollcage then it will change completely so I might as well wait. Never ended project...