View Single Post
Unread 02-26-2010, 10:12 PM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

Great progress. I have a CHERRY condition 1992 B18 Acura Integra :-)

I was a turbo rotary fool back in the day. Talk about wasting money! But at least I was burning the most rubber and scaring all the Honda import drag guys away like you wouldn't believe. Then I realized... hey I can drive a big ol'truck for all this money. You wise up at some point and find that you get a lot more for your $ with trucks, not to mention WAY less attention from law enforcement.

I can't wait to see how you dampen your door panels. I need to do the same to mine bad. I can't wait to get started on my truck stereo stuff. Your engine bay looks super clean. I would just roll with it. I just painted mine because it was super nasty even when stripped clean. But it's not that much trouble and it would compliment your trick engine as well.

Just some motivation... I drove mine around all day and it was probably the funnest day I have had in a long, long time. With the muffler on it's really quiet and I got to hear my engine howl. The 1UZ isn't a torque monster (not a problem in our little trucks) but the top end is KILLER! Mine is a little modified yeah but they all scream on the high end from the factory with a good intake and exhaust. I hope you can tighten up that transmission a little so that it can take the power with your large tires. We need to re-gear out diffs bad. Or did you put newer gears in it already?

I'm also considering your tires for my next set. I'm going to snatch up some Walker Evans rims and I need to get ready to find some tires for em so they will be ready when I shred mine up. I'm just worried about that tread pattern being loud on the hwy... I guess I can Google it.

Chewy did a GREAT service for all you 4runner owners out there by posting up his work. He's got it going on! Keep up the good work. You just have to make progress consistently and you'll be on the road again before you know it.