View Single Post
Unread 02-25-2010, 05:35 PM

A/C is gonna be a pain. Definitely need it, but you're right, it has to be one of the last things I do. I'm sure I can find a shop to make me some custom lines. The Lexus compressor rolled on it's side and some neon green oil came out, so I'm sure it's good to go as far as storage is concerned. With an electric fan, I think routing the lines across the engine bay will be fairly easy.

And I think all I have to do with the condenser is rotate it 180°. Seems the mounts are symmetrical and there's actually a hole on the bottom of the core support on the driver's side that looks like it was made for routing the lines through to a 1KZ or 3RZ compressor.

Power washed the shit out the engine bay today. I'm covered in grease and dirt head to toe. But, it makes it much more pleasant to work in and went a long way toward getting it prepped for paint.

Had my friend pop off all the door panels. I'll be filling these with some Damplifier with some Ultra Touch insulation on top of that. Should definitely keep the db's down.

Started on the trans, too. It was really sad to drain out all the super pricey Amsoil ATF, but I hate to reuse fluids for reliability's sake. I REALLY want to get this done first so I can check at least one thing off the list. I think I'll finish this by the weekend. Chewy's teardown and install of an A340 4WD output shaft is a godsend. Good stuff:

http://www.uzswap.com/forum/index.php?topic=192.0

I'll also be shimming the accumulators per this thread:

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=267655

Too many boxes of parts piling up. Costs are adding up fast. I used to be in to Hondas, and after doing a 180HP B18C swap that was $2800 just for the engine and trans (not to mention the other $300-500 for mounts and wiring), I have to keep telling myself that if I come in under $4000 for 260HP, I'm doing something right!

Last edited by jdmhn8; 02-25-2010 at 05:44 PM.