View Single Post
Unread 08-03-2008, 08:14 PM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

My textile APrilia jacket has been through some years of use and it's time to upgrade to something more sexy to match the Aprilia Mille. One of my favorite riding gear brands is Dianese. They just seem to put more effort into their apparel technology than the other brands. There are TONS of good jackets out there so I'm not just stuck on Dianese at all. I've tried on basically all of their jackets and even some jackets that will be coming out for 2010. One of the jackets that I would really like to own is the D brand Jet Pack jacket. It's just a jacket that is very protective and made with a lot of the special Dianese D-Stone fabric all over it as well as leather. This thing is made to flow some serious air but still provides a ton of protection. I missed one of these on Ebay for a really low price and it bugs me still. Someday I'll have one, or a model of jacket equivalent.

The D-Stone fabric that you see inbetween the leather is super abrasive resistant but flows a ton of air. The way it works is that the microfibers actually heat up with abrasion and harden up solid and it won't rip either. I've seen examples of this fabric from actual accident victims. It's simply amazing to see how well the stuff holds up. You can Google it to see for yourself. I'm convinced.