View Single Post
Unread 02-11-2009, 10:50 PM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

Shall we continue?

6. Fuel Lines - will be converted to AN style fuel fittings, you know the ones you see on custom and race engines. Same thing: http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/store...10019_-1_10267 The volume should be about the same since the engines will use about the same amount of fuel. Provided I am not running any boost I won't need anymore fuel than what the 4cyl uses. I should get better MPG with the V8.

7. Adaptronic EMS - This will be all custom and I'll be putting the whole wiring harness on while keeping it tidy and protected. I'm still contemplating where to mount the computer. I'll probably mount it inside the cab to keep it from heat and vibration. Or I was thinking of putting it in it's own custom made box with air holes and rubber mount it. Not sure on this yet.

8. Custom Intake - Just like it says. I'll be using a foam filter connected to the MAF with a silicone hose to the throttle body. I'll be figuring out how much of a flex joint I'll need after I make the engine mounts to the frame. It'll look nice.

9. Exhaust System - Not sure if I want to use an H pipe or X pipe. I'll have some SS headers soon that are made for a Toyota Sequioa. I'll go from that flange down to the crossover pipe and then v-bands connecting to either titanium streetbike big diameter mufflers pointed out each side of the truck just under the doors. Or I have a brand new full size GM truck exhaust system that I could shorten and have it dump over the rear axle towards the ground. Using the v-band connectors would allow me to swap out the loud pipes for the longer full muffler setup when I wanted to. That would be cool.

10. Instrument Panel - Well I have a set of Autometer gauges but I don't want to tear my dash up. I would like to keep it somewhat stock looking inside but I will want to put a gauge for coolant temp at least. I'm sure I'll be mounting that near the stereo in the double-din area under the AC controls.