View Single Post
Unread 06-24-2013, 08:33 AM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

And for people reading this wondering what the next best cheap tire is. Well it's anything but this one. I would rather go looking through dumpsters and old tire piles to find a take off for $5 rather than waste the time on a new Sedona. There are tons of people out there that only want to ride on a sharp new tire so you can find take offs from your local shop. Give them your phone number and have them call you when they get one in that looks good - and of course take em your wheel and give em $20 for putting it on or something. It will last a lot longer and be much safer to ride on than an unpredictable, falling apart Sedona. Trust me.

And here are some other tips to help you get the most life out of your dirt bike tires. This is a good article on tires from Motocross Action I found that throws out some good tips. Keep your eyes out on the web for new tires during promotions or packages that the tire manufacture's might be putting on. Craigslist is a good spot to look but might waste some of your time. You just gotta keep your eyes open and not be so picky when looking for a good deal. My neighbor found a perfectly new rear expensive tire at a rummage sale for $5 one weekend. I guess someone donated it for the church's fund raiser. You just gotta keep your eyes open I guess. My local shop Paso Robles Polaris will put on any Dunlop Geomax rear tire for $85 out the door. Figure a Sedona costs $50 plus tax and THEN you pay for mounting... it's crazy to try and save $20 or $25 at the most for something that you know you will regret.

Just spending 30 seconds online looking around I found: Dunlop D745 Intermediate - Hard Terrain MX Tires 120/80-19 Rear for just $75 and spend another $25 you will probably get it shipped free. This was from Competition Accessories which works really hard to sell their products online. That tire will absolutely destroy a Sedona in any situation or comparison.

I've heard of discontinued tires selling for $25 as retailers have to move them out of their inventory. Another thing about finding cheap tires is it's kinda fun trying out new compounds, brands and tread patterns. Just steer clear of the Sedona.