View Single Post
Unread 02-03-2009, 12:36 AM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers
Default The Famous Aprilia Failed Brown Connector! Regulator Connector Fix.

SO it finally happened to me. My battery had been slowly running out of juice and if I didn't have it connected to the Battery Tender then it would lose power after 5-6 days. Not that is discharges. The system just wasn't charging much while riding. I can't say if it can't keep up with the increased draw from the HID light I installed, but it should. I had visually checked my brown connector before I installed the HID and it looked ok. The wires just looked dirty to me and I didn't think they were discolored from heat. I was wrong.

I had taken a spill a year ago and I had torn down the bike for all the work I had done. So the connector was disconnected and connected a couple of times. Things worked fine for 3-4,000 miles until recently. I did have some problems in the past starting my bike in the middle of a day's ride. The engine would crank but not fire. This is what happens when the battery gets low and just doesn't have enough power to turn the engine over as well as fire the 2 pairs of spark plugs at the same time.

Here is a look at the connector as it has heated up so much that I wasn't able to pull it apart like normal. I had to use a screwdriver to pry it apart and the release tab actually broke out as it was melted.

Time to take care of this!