View Single Post
Unread 08-14-2012, 10:52 AM

Thanks , I've had 6 -1000 to 1150 Suzuki's over the years and they were great ,fun bikes . THEN , I sold my 1984 GS1150 ES, I actually owned it twice ) and went a year or so without a bike . So my answer to being bikeless was to buy a new 2004 Sportster and proceed to spend a bunch of money to make it go fast and handle . When I bought my new 2009 Road King Classic my son got the Sportster , he still has it , and I continued my slide into darkness . Took me about 6 months to decide I really didn't like the RKC . Took me 3 years before I finally said this things got to go . Put the RKC on Craig's List and about 3 weeks later someone came buy and said it's their dream bike . Slightly haggled about the price and now someone else has the dream !
I was looking for a BMW R1150 R when I ran across the Suzuki and after looking it over , slightly haggled about the price and took it home . The previous owner bought the bike new , rode it for several years and health problems kept him off it the last two years .
It really is a very nice ,well cared for bike and about half the price of a late model BMW R1150 R .