View Single Post
Unread 04-30-2013, 07:02 AM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers
Default Cal Poly Pengiuns Dual Sport Hi-Mountain Enduro 2013

We've been watching friends ride this local dual sport ride for a while now. You must have a street legal dirt bike or enduro style bike for the ride that the Cal Poly Penguins motorcycle club puts on every year. I can always borrow a bike from a friend but getting one for my girl to ride along with me is a different matter. Some of the trails aren't so easy to traverse and whatever she is going to be riding will take on some damage. So I happened to luck out and was able to buy a super nice Yamaha WR200 the week before the ride.

I slapped some Cycle Gear turn signals on it, picked out a mesh style protective jacket for her the day before the ride and we're ready. Me? I picked up a perfect example of a dual sport bike. The infamous Suzuki DR350. I've drooled over these in the magazines since high school but had never ridden one. My good friend Tuna loaned me his and those DR's require almost no work to keep them running. Yes it might be a well ridden bike from 1990 but wow what a motorcycle.

Here we are rolling into the parking lot.. probably dead last and playing catch up with everyone else.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
I AGREE

Last edited by Smithers; 04-30-2013 at 09:21 AM.