View Single Post
Unread 08-09-2011, 10:13 PM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

Woops I didn't realize I had a question posted here! Sorry Seandil! Well better late than never I guess...

I would just recommend a light resurfacing of the cylinder with a "ball hone". You can Google this tool and then go to Youtube for instructions on how to use one. They are really easy. Then just tear down your engine like you see in my pictures and replace the piston rings. You simply remove the cap off of the piston rod and be careful to remember the order and parts you removed. Then buy a ring compressor from your local auto parts store to reinstall the piston with the new rings. It's pretty easy and you can find people showing how to use these tools on Youtube. Then just make sure to look at the valves and knock off and sand down any carbon that might have built up on the surface of them as well as the cylinder head. Simply put things back together and you shouldn't have any oil burning through the muffler like you did before. In the worst case scenario you might have to replace the valve guides but I wouldn't think so.

For valve guides
you would have to remove them by heating up the cylinder head really hot and pulling them with a special tool. To do this I would recommend finding a machine shop and paying them a max of $40 at the MOST to do this procedure. Make sure and have new valve guides in hand with your engine apart in a box. It should only take a few minutes for them to take the old guides out and put new ones in.