View Single Post
Unread 08-13-2011, 05:48 PM

Hey everyone! So you know how I mentioned the small leak? Well I fixed that with some sort of gas tank repair putty and a new petcock. The bike ran like it was new after that! It would start on every kick no matter how weak. After a few times running it I guess a gasket finally gave out. The bike still starts but revs as if it were at full throttle. Using WD-40 I sprayed around some known gaskets until I found what I think is the problem. When I sprayed the cover for the timing chain the idle would slow down and almost die. I made a new gasket with some of this: http://www.permatex.com/products/aut...sket_maker.htm

Not sure if it'll work though so I ordered an entire new gasket set. Does that make any sense that a leak for where the timing chain is would cause problems? It wasn't even leaking oil.

As for Kvanpamel, I have no idea why your fuel line even goes through the frame. I haven't seen one like that.

As for everyone else's ideas: I know I'm a beginner at mechanics but I developed the habit of checking the key, petcock/fuel line, then plug when it doesn't start. So until I get my gaskets heres a picture of the bike for you guys to drool over :P

She's not perfect but she's getting there
Next job is to maybe get a new kickstand because the other looks like it was broken an welded back together... Not properly though.