View Single Post
Unread 03-22-2013, 06:04 AM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

Me too! I've been doing this since I was knee high and I just think it's amazing how people get by in this world without basic troubleshooting knowledge when it comes to life in general!

You always have to revert back to the basics and then stem the possibilities from there. I was just using my trusty Italian made BCS rototiller yesterday and it stopped running all of the sudden which is odd because it had fuel in it. BUT the fuel tank bracket was bent! So yes it had fuel getting through the fuel hose AND when I hit the plunger in the fuel bowl fuel did come out. But the fuel level in the bottom of the tank WAS BELOW the fuel level required to properly get fuel up to the float level inside the carburetor! Here is a picture of me checking float level with the factory tool with this Keihin carb again:

If the bottom of the fuel level in the fuel tank isn't as high as the float level in whatever carburetor you are using you won't have enough pressure to get fuel through the carb! Oh this made me laugh. I basically disconnected the fuel hose from the BCS carburetor and held the hose next to the BCS carburetor in the same manner that I held this tool up to the Keihin carb and fuel would not come out of the hose when I held the hose tip in line with the top of the BCS carb float bowl! Mad science strikes again! I put more fuel in the tank and it fired right up.

I'll take a picture of the BCS setup today to post up here to show it. Best rototiller in the world. You like my paper Castrol GTX oil can?