View Single Post
Unread 11-28-2011, 04:37 PM

haha, i actually had time to get back into it last night. There are a few things that I have to order first for the engine. That is my main focus right now, then the frame. As for the forks, I have taken them apart which is very easy. Thats where it stops. I thought I would have to buy new tubes but I think I will be able to get by with what I have. I'll try and post something on my forks this week, that should get me back into the blogging spirit.

As for the forks, make sure they are completely drained, I missed a little bit and it almost ended up on my v-strom tires. Once you have the circlip at the top removed I believe you can just pull the fork tube out as it is just a friction fit. You will probably have to jerk them a few times but they should start coming just fine. There are two circlips near the bottom of the tube, don't bother to remove them, I don't believe they need to come off for any reason.

I'll get my pictures up and a description of the tear down finished before too long. I've been working a little on my vstrom, i put some tires on that I had taken off 6 months ago and apparently sitting wasn't good for them. the bike slid out from under me not less than 50 feet from my driveway. broken blinker and sore thumb, otherwise everything is fine (other than my pride).

take it easy