View Single Post
Unread 05-20-2009, 08:52 PM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

Shark RSR2 Helmet Update

Well I've ridden a few times with the Medium RSR2 on and it still fits tight, tighter than my Arai Medium. I don't mind so much BUT it hurts the tops of my ears! I actually took out the earpadding and removed some material which helped a great deal (more on this later). But for now I would just like to point out to people that the sizing on these RSR2 helmets run small. And I'm not the only one that noticed that there is a comfort issue with the ears. Over at webBIKEWORLD.com the author compared the Shark RSR2 (same color! he has good taste and also found that the top of his ears hurt after a while.

Now more about my experience. I rode with this helmet all day at one point. My ears were hurting a bit but I just toughed it out and didn't think about it all that much. Then the next day the top of my left ear puffed up and I seriously thought that I was bitten by a small spider while I was sleeping or something. My ear began to get even more sore and the cartilage toughened up for a couple days. I thought and thought about what was going on... then after another day it finally hit me when I was looking at my Shark sitting on the shelf... AHA!

So I removed the padding and started figuring how I would modify it to allow more room for my ears. Pictures and some descriptions to come soon...