View Single Post
Unread 10-12-2011, 07:07 AM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

I just got back from dirt bike riding up in Washington guys. Ahhhh yes the economy just fell out from under purchases of vintage bikes like this one. I have no problem with anyone of you long time members putting together posts in the "for sale" section with numerous pictures and descriptions. A mention of the bike being offered for sale in the build thread is also fine as long as it's announced for sale in the for sale thread. Anything to help you guys out. I've parked some things for sale on this forum and people eventually discover it by search engine. I wonder if you did the cancer theme if you could write it off on taxes? That would be a good idea.

People are really into theme bikes. It's hard not to make it too personalized and if you do you surely have to utilize the internets power in order to find that special someone that will want the bike. It's a toss up. But supporting the breast cancer cause would be a great thing. I don't see why a group of organizers wouldn't buy it just to have on display at events. I'm sure there is a list of different branches of organizers that you could contact and announce your intentions and monetary goals with the sale. They should be able to tell you what their budget for such a purchase is.

Heck I would call Red Bull Energy Drink up and tell them I attended all the classic motorcycle shows.