View Single Post
Unread 08-25-2015, 11:19 PM

Here's another military benly to add to your build. You could call this one a prototype.
http://hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/mcy/5125181612.html

That little mud guard on the front fender looks like a good idea, but I don't know about adding the weight of those ammo boxes over the front wheel!

I don't think I ever explained why and how I got involved with these small Honda's.

Good stuff, Chip... A near-new Honda CA95 for $150 bucks - you were getting deals way back then, just like you are today! These little Honda's are truly close to home for you. (My story a bit less romantic.)

I bought my first Honda in 1976 when I was 16 y/o, but my Dad went with me to buy it. It was a 2-year old MT250 that cost me $400 and I still own the bike to this day. My Dad fought in the Battle of the Bulge, so anything German was less than welcome in our house! A Japaneses motorcycle was OK. Besides, it wasn't a British POC or a Harley which he despised because of the Hell's Angels being so prevalent out here in 1960's California.

Nice of your sister to pocket the $175 profit on the sale of your CA95! "That's a lesson for you, Chip" - they probably said.

I restored my MT250 back in 2007 after both my Mom and Dad passed away. I got into the CA95s in 2011 when a friend gave me (although did I offer him the $50 he paid for it) a 1960 Tokyo Rose CA95 basket case. Now I have a handful of CA95's along with other Japanese motorcycles that I ride and enjoy restoring.