View Single Post
Unread 08-24-2015, 01:48 PM

I appreciate the "never end's" comment!

I don't think I ever explained why and how I got involved with these small Honda's.

I was 13 in 1965. I lived in a small Ohio town. (back then) One warm summer day I hitch hiked to the local Gulf station. The road was so deserted that I actually walked the whole distance. The reason I went to the station was for BBQ chips and a Pepsi, a flavor combo I like to this day.

At the station was a black 1965 Honda CA95 for sale. The owner just bought it and was drafted into the military. He had two weeks left before leaving. He wanted $150.00. At the time a new CA95 cost $425.00. I had $150 in my savings account. At that time anyone could buy a vehicle for cash. I bought the bike, without telling anyone. I rode the bike home, scared to death I was going to get caught and thrilled.

I hid the bike behind the house.

Well, the next morning when my father found out, the poop hit the roof. My father hated anything Japanese. He was livid and to think something Japanese was on his property made him crazy. My sister had an Econoline and got the bike off the property. She sold the bike for $325 and returned my $150!

I was heart broken and got shafted by my sister to boot........

Fast forward to 2006. Winter was approaching in lower Michigan, I needed a shop project and remembered my old heart break. I thought hey! The old man's dead, I'm a big boy, I want my Honda back.

So it goes I found and restored my 1st CA95. She was a 1965 and I picked it up in Wooster Ohio. The rest is history. Indeed it never ends....