View Single Post
Unread 05-22-2013, 01:27 AM

Send a message via AIM to ByTheLake

I like the style of these mufflers, but as with any non-OEM parts, there were some trade-offs.

My memory isn't as good as it once was, but I don't recall having clearance issues with the kick starter. I do recall adjusting the clearance a bit, however. Viewed from the rear, the right exhaust is somewhat closer to the frame than the left, so perhaps I adjusted it that way to avoid the kick starter lever. I just don't remember.

When I bought the mufflers, the only baffles I could find at the time were tiny - 4 inches long, so the bike can be a bit loud at wide open throttle. I may look for longer baffles someday, or perhaps baffles I can wrap in glass. It's really not a high priority.

I haven't solved the issue about sealing the pipes - perhaps Spokes or Sam have suggestions? These slip-fit pipes don't leave clearance for rubber gaskets like the original Honda units had. I also didn't want to braze/solder the joint. I've put about 350 miles on the bike since it hit the road in September, and there's only a tiny bit of carbon showing at the pipe joints, so it's not been a major concern of mine.