View Single Post
Unread 05-26-2010, 07:57 AM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

Man I feel your pain. It's extremely hard to do a 1UZ swap into anything. I have an insane amount of work into my swap and no one can even imagine how hard it was to keep motivated on my truck. I tell you I had to work through some really cold nights, some rainy days and also cash in some favors from friends and you can only imagine how hard it is to get OTHER people motivated to help you out. I had to take about a 2 month break almost on mine and go ride motorcycles and save up a little money. I just made sure that every time I worked on it I accomplished something. What's worse is when your working on something and your friends drop by and just want to hang out which totally distracts you to the point where you can't do a damn thing but stop working or just sit there and tell them to leave.

I wish I was there to do your exhaust for you. So can you make a list of the things that you would need to do to finish your swap? It might not be as bad as you predict to get to the end maybe? I've seen some people swap these engines into old trucks with hardly any money at all so I'm thinking you can go into economy mode and get it rolling maybe? The wiring should be intimidating you I hope. That's one of the easier parts as these engines just need a few wires hooked up to them to run.

Having another means of transportation is mandatory when doing this difficult of a swap. I save a lot of money by having motorcycles around that are super cheap to get around on. And trust me I am still paying off my credit card that I filled up with all sorts of $$ from buying all sorts of parts I didn't think I would need in the beginning.