View Single Post
Unread 03-07-2013, 03:21 PM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

How did I even get on the new glove train again? I get emails from Motostrano that notify me when there are special deals going on or overstock that they are selling off. They even have a Motostrano Blog if you want to check up on anything new going on in their product catalog or at their very own outlet store. The Motostrano "snapshot" blog layout of the same blog lets you check out the blog entries by the pictures posted.

It's always fun to see if they have anything on sale since they have eyeglasses, clothes, riding gear, hardware, motorcycle wheels and other random stuff for sale. In this case they had a pair of Icon Overlord short gloves for almost half price in my size. Can't pass those up now can we? The Icon Overlords usually run a size large from what I have read around the net so size Large it is. I'll have to review these babies when they arrive. I wasn't completely sold on them because of the split knuckle styling. Watching video reviews educated me on a few things one of which was the flexibility of the glove knuckles due to the split design of the knuckle protector. On top of the fact that they are made from a Kangaroo skin palm they also have abrasion resistant synthetic material layered where you need it the most. It's obvious from the pictures too. The cuff is a layered design which allows for ventilation and movement and the fingers have mesh between them. They should surely flow some air which is uncommon for a glove with that much protection.

Why am I looking forward to this glove? Because I'm riding dual sport bikes more and more often now. The speeds are far lower on the dual sports and as soon as you go offroad in my area you are rolling under 25mph on average. My other Alpinestar short gloves heat up real quick when you slow down to that kind of speed. So the Icon gloves should be quit a different experience. We'll find out soon.