View Single Post
Unread 10-15-2014, 10:37 PM

At age 7, painting my purple stingray metailic green and realizing afterwards that color made the metalflake purple banana seat look really terrible.
At age 16, doing my first valve job on a neighbor's 65 Buick Skylark aluminum head V8 and having to do the job twice becuase I didn't have the heads milled.
At age 19, installing a 350 crate motor in my brother's '73 Chevy pickup, but not getting the pressure plate inspection cover installed properly and having to call a roving mechanic to find out why my brother's newly installed motor had this constant ticking sound.
At age 26, changing oil on my '83 Nissan Sentra, but forgetting to reinstall the drain plug; 4 quarts of engine oil on the floor.
At age 35, rejetting my '67 Chevy Caprice QuadraJet carb, but losing a sliver of the carb body fuel-inlet line threads into my main jet and coming back about 3 hours after reattaching my fuel line to all 8 cylinders feeding fuel to a pair of mufflers that were dripping a very large puddle of gasoline on my garage floor.
At age 47, rebuilding my '74 Honda MT250 (owned since I was 16 y/o) and not replacing the crank seals.
At age 52, buying a 1960 Benly and thinking I could restore it easly to original running condition for something less than $2,000.
To be continued...