View Single Post
Unread 09-05-2014, 06:58 AM

Funny this subject came up today. I was thinking about posting something similar after last night in the shop.

I have to put this up front though. I don't make mistakes...I am the mistake so that covers every thing I do wrong.

Last night while installing a new chain on one of my bikes, the clip for the master link disappeared into thin air. I literally readied it seconds before I reached for it. We have probably all experienced this type of thing and said stuff to our selves like I did..."I know i put right there on the bench". I looked everywhere for it everywhere for a long time as I didn't have another one. Finally gave up and will get a new one today.

How about dropping a small part, you hear it hit the floor but when you go to look for it, it can't be found. Funny thing is I will find other small parts that I dropped and couldn't find at the time for some earlier project.

The scariest thing I did was when I didn't secure the cap properly on the carburetor on my Maico 400 dirt bike several years ago after rebuilding the top end. I took off in the field in back of my house, the cap came loose and the bike stood straight up and it took off with the engine wide open. So I was hanging on to the handle bars with my feet off the pegs and my face against the tank. I couldn't reach the kill switch. I was holding on for dear life. The small river at the end of our property stopped us. My friends enjoyed it.

Last edited by grubsie; 09-05-2014 at 07:02 AM.