View Single Post
Unread 03-18-2009, 06:09 AM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

A little more header tech for you guys. My engine is a 4.0L that has had the heads ported and polished. The valves have been done as well. My friend who did the head work has told me that I need as much flow as I can get without going over 3". Well 3" is a little overkill for such a small displacement and I'm not building a dragster so 2.5" will be awesome. I'm am very happy for the Ebay stainless headers I got for $140 shipped. They are amazingly sturdy and well built for such a price. I wasn't about to spend 700+ on new headers that I would have to modify to make fit my Tacoma. The best performing option would have been to have my friends at Lemons Headers here in Paso Robles build me a set of equal length custom headers. They would have been happy to do it but I just can't come up with the money for that at the moment. Too many projects going on as you can see by reading around in this forum!!

Here is a look at my headers after me and a friend cut them at the collector to expand the diameter from 2.25" (stock Tundra/ Sequoia) to 2.5" with regular style flanges.

Before:

The Fitting Process:

All Done, thank goodness: