View Single Post
Unread 03-25-2010, 09:11 PM

Glad to see another swapper here! Was hoping to attract others here. Smitherz build so comprehensive, I thought it would be great to put a ton on info in one place.

Still no body lift. Guess 4Crawler is cracking those HPDE molecules one by one. Ordered it 3 weeks ago now...

So I'm at a standstill with the engine. Can't work on the mounts, fitting the trans or anything really productive. Been forced to work on more of the tiny jobs. I HATE WIRES!

Picked up a set of SC400 manifolds. I hate to do it, but I think I'm gonna go with those. I just don't have the time or skill to fit the ebay headers, and as much as I hate to lose ~10HP, I have to do the SC400s, which fit quite well.

Worked on a gauge mount for the extra DIN slot. Ordered a nifty one from Gloshift, which turned out to be a piece of shit that wouldn't fit no matter what. So I made my own out of a piece of 1/8" ABS. Requires a lot of clearancing to the center bezel to fit it, but I eventually got it to sit perfectly.

Applied a piece of matte black vinyl film to the final product. Matches the sheen and finish of the bezel well, and hides all my ghetto Dremeling. The alarm and Alpine plug and play amp also live behind the gauges. The pic of them and their gaggle of wires is disturbing. Wires are evil...

Roof rack came. Working on making some low profile mounts for it. This thing fits great, and with the extension, takes up most of the length of the roof and only overhangs the sunroof a few inches. $240ish shipped for the rack, extension and a Thule net.

Installed these awesome power connectors for the roof lights, too. Had them for years, glad I finally get to use them. I'm positive they won't leak and a great way to have a cheap, removable connection for roof stuff.

Put vinyl film on the roof, too. Pics when I get done doing the rack mounts, but it seems tough and isn't too bad to apply. Paint was super dead up there, so this should protect it for a few years before I have to do a respray.

Fuse panel and relay in the very back for reverse/tailgater asshole lights and an inverter. Exciting...

And finally got the trans done. Just waiting on some AN fittings for the fluid input/output cooler lines.

Last edited by jdmhn8; 03-25-2010 at 09:34 PM.