View Single Post
Unread 09-17-2012, 02:52 AM

Send a message via AIM to ByTheLake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckets81 View Post
What an absolutely stunning bike. How's she ride?
Thanks for the kind words, Buckets and Sam. From the 23 mile maiden voyage, here are my mental notes:
  • The seat is more comfortable than I expected.
  • The clutch is heavy for such a tiny bike. The cable is new and lubed, and the clutch actuator was cleaned and greased. Maybe it just needs some use.
  • The exhaust is a tad noisy up front, so I'll need to pull those cheap gaskets that didn't fit and replace them with something better.
  • The bike handles pretty well for what it is, although the front wheel bounces a bit, so I'll have to take it in for balancing. The rear wheel was already balanced.
  • Turn signals work great, but it'll take some time to adjust to the "up for right, down for left" orientation and the use of the right-hand switch instead of the left hand for turn signals.

My wife says I look like a shriner on the little bike. Since I wore my "vintage-style" helmet and goggles when riding it, my mother says I look like "Snoopy". I've corrected both of them, insisting they think "Steve McQueen" when they see me on the Benly with my goggles.

Last edited by ByTheLake; 09-17-2012 at 10:34 AM.