View Single Post
Unread 10-25-2008, 10:31 PM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

Ok now the nasty part is done. So then I took the posts to the disc sander and smoother over the tops of them where the Allan heads were cut off. Then I put the posts down through the mounting holes to where I guess would be a good depth. Then I put on some locking nuts from the bottom to tighten them up so they would stay right where I wanted them. To hold the posts from turning I put a nail through the hole that I drilled to hold them in place with some pliers.

Now we have out posts secured and ready to put the base of the seat right on top of them. But first I wanted to prep the seat holes to make sure everything would fall smoothly into place. The factory washers for the Allan bolts that protect the plastic are actually nice pieces of hardware that I want to retain. The holes had become kinda messed up from use and to make sure that the washers would fit how they should I used a little reemer tool to make the holes round again and take the sharp edges down so that the washers would fit in the holes easier. This gives a little slack around the washer so that things won't fit so damn tight when you are trying to fit the seat on. It speeds up the process of removing and replacing the seat back down.