View Single Post
Unread 04-23-2015, 05:20 PM

Maybe someday someone will find mention of this color in some official Honda literature, so that folks may refer to it by its proper name, instead of the prevailing nicknames of "Passionate Pink" and "Tokyo Rose".

Michael, This thread IMO is a great idea - this being such an enigmatic Honda paint/seat color combination. I have learned from other collectors that our CA95s were not the only bikes that Honda produced in this color. Someone on this forum with a C92 has one, a friend told me he saw a C100 in this color, and another friend said there's someone in the midwest that has a collection of "Passionate Pink/Tokyo Rose" colored bikes. Of course, this thread is dedicated to documenting CA95's.

rhodemon, Thank you for statring this thread. My '60 CA95 has the frame number stamped on the headstock, plus all the other things you mentioned. Mine has the original headlight and does not have the finish bolts, nor welded-on footpegs. I corresponded with the eBay seller a couple years ago. (I think his bike sold, but I don't know if it did and to whom - I'll try and find out). The serials on his bike were CA95E-A010178 and CA95-A010173. He's the one who told me that mine was #8 known to exist and that Robin was the person who told him his was #7. I assumed Michael's was #9, since it seemed to be a true barn-find (from Ohio, I think). Sounds like Robin is one person that might be able to solve some of the mystery about the other 7, and if any of ours, or the others mentioned in this thread, are counted in that number. (He might even be able to add to our list of serial numbers?)