View Single Post
Unread 04-02-2011, 08:21 PM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

Back to work on my truck now. So did I mention I'm making a new dash board for the truck? For now I'm just going to rest the gauges on top of the steering column. Zip ties keep it from moving and after I hooked up a couple wires for the tach I fired the truck up and took a drive. The water temp is now displayed accurately and the engine runs pretty cool just like I expected.

Oh and the lower water temp gauge was my old one that broke because the line was accidentally cut. So that was basically a $80 loss because the line got punctured. Be careful with the solid black mechanical lines for these gauges! Please learn from my mistakes! For now it just is filling up the blank hole I would otherwise have in my little dash panel. If you are wondering about the shape: I but this panel to fit all my Autometer gauges in the instrument bezel of an RX-7 turbo race care I had a long while ago. When I sold the car I saved the instruments and I'm happy to be getting some use out of them now. I'll have to hook up my oil line this week and I'm trying not to talk myself into finding a reason to hook up the turbo boost gauge. The 1UZ is already fast enough.. turbos would be bad news so this gauge will just be for looks.

Last edited by Smithers; 04-02-2011 at 08:25 PM.