View Single Post
Unread 10-17-2006, 10:00 PM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

Here is another interesting topic: SPECIAL TOOLS
Yeah I have tons of tools but you can never have them all. In the morning I will be picking up a valve keeper removal tool. This little guy basically works like an impact driver. You place it on top of the valve spring retainer and give it a swift pop with a hammer. Then the keepers pop out and stick to the magnet inside of it. This is delicate work as you don't want to lose ANY of those little puppies.

Here is the added bonus. There are 32 valved on these heads so get ready for some boring work. 4 valves per cylinder makes for a lot of valve work. <_< Nothing we can't handle.

I'll being doing a nice little writeup on this. I have seen a couple of people write instructions for this with some mediocre pictures. I plan on taking some nice pictures explaning the 1UZ engine specifically. It's not rocket science. I should have a set of valve seal pliers but I don't want to wait for another special tool to come in that I will ony use once. I have some pliers with some curved ends on them that should work just fine. If those don't work I'm going to melt down some long nose pliers and make my own.