View Single Post
Unread 03-08-2014, 07:14 PM

Both seat frames may be correct for your bike. I would harvest the springs and hog clips from the rusty and bent frame and toss it.

Strip out the replacement seat to just metal and check the fit on the bike. Straighten it if need be. Don't fuss about the one or three mounts on the frame. The replacement strap will need only one hole per side anyway, even IF you use the three hole mount.

I suggest buying this cover already sewn http://www.ebay.com/itm/HONDA-CA92-C...fa4561&vxp=mtr

The chrome trim has little chance of being removed correctly. I hope you can as I could not...and no longer try. If you go into my albums and check out my seats, the chrome is 3M Chrome Adhesive Automotive Trim. Yep! It look the same and sticks to the new vinyl for years. Use good automotive seat foam and buy an electric carving knife to sculpture the foam before adding the cover.

About painting. DupliColor paint will melt when exposed to gas. Once again, not to show off my builds, but to use them as an example of what can be done. The bike below was painted with a $99.00 Craftsman compressor and a $15 Harbor Freight touch up gun. I used a $5.00 in line air dryer as well. The paint is Acrylic Enamel with hardener & reducer. I built paint stands and used a cheap box fan to exhaust the overspray. So for a little more money you get good results and keep the tools.

Last edited by Spokes; 03-09-2014 at 04:32 AM.