View Single Post
Unread 01-11-2007, 09:26 AM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers
Default Adaptronic Ignition and Spark

Sooo this is a pretty interesting subject just because I haven't seen any example of aftermarket ignitions for the 1UZ... well in depth anyways. I assume I'll be using the stock ignitors. The one thing I'm really excited about is that the Adaptronic uses the crank angle sensors and cam sensors that are factory from Lexus. This is good news because I really didn't want to screw around with mounting a trigger wheel and welding teeth on trigger wheels to modify them to work with the ECU. I've seen people use the Ford EDIS system and this require a lot of screwing around with.

This Adaptronic shouldn't be too hard at all since people already have base maps to load into the unit to start the engine on and work from.

And as I have said before, I will be doing a lot of driving and travelling with this truck so I want to make everything as reliable as possible. This Adaptronic ECU is constantly monitoring changes while driving so I'm counting on this thing to tune itself while I'm going from the desert to the snow :lol: . I can't wait to try it.