View Single Post
Unread 06-18-2013, 10:10 PM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers
Default Sedona MX887 IT Dirt Bike Tire Review

I just have to comment on the Sedona MX887 IT (Intermediate Terrain) tires that you can buy for cheaper then any other dirt bike tire out there. They have a nice looking tread on them and it makes you wonder, "how bad can they be?". Then answer it pretty bad! Just remember in most all situations in life - you get what you pay for and sometimes less. If you just cruise around slowly or you are selling your dirt bike and want to put some fresh tires on it to make it look good then I believe the Sedona is a good cheap tires to get you by. But if safety, longevity of the tire or performance is a concern, you should look for a different tire. There are other brands like Dunlop that sell a slightly more expensive tire that will work much better than the Sedona brand tire. The extra 20 or 30 to upgrade to a better tire is a small price to pay for your wasted time and possibly a painful accident from the lack of grip that these tires provide while turning or braking.

If the safety factor isn't enough to scare you then the durability of the product should surely steer you in another direction. I took some pictures today that you will be interested in looking at. First here is the bike that I used. This Suzuki RMZ-250 came with a fresh set of Sedona tires that were used for one ride - the last 2 minute ride before the owner sold me the bike. I immediately stripped the Suzuki for powder coating and to freshen up the valves and inspect the cylinder. Here is what the bike looked like when I finished the work on it before even riding it.

Notice that only the rear center lugs are the only lugs that aren't completely sharp like from the factory.