View Single Post
Unread 12-25-2010, 09:55 PM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

Thanks for the compliments. It's all a lot of fun and tedious work at the same time. The 1UZ engine only mates up to the automatic transmission the Lexus designed to go behind it. There are some guys that sell adapter kits that are expensive and they aren't exactly perfect. This swappin business is a TON of work and requires some extreme dedication. I highly recommend people take the easy road the trade up from a Taco to a Tundra. You will save yourself a ton of time and $ going that route. I've mentioned this before but I'll say it again. I would have been a lot further with my project as a whole considering the money and time spent at this point. I'm glad I've inspired some people to do more with their Tacos but at the same time I like to warn people of the downsides (time/cost) so they can save themselves some headache. Nonetheless I'll still be adding mods to this truck for years. I moved just over half a ton of rock the other day. Made my truck squat reminding me of a stadium truck. I'm contemplating running the rollcage c-pillars out of the top of the rear cab from just above the rear window.