View Single Post
Unread 02-24-2009, 09:30 PM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

Wow it sure takes a while to load this page. I hope you guys/gals reading this don't mind! Well the last 48 hours has been kinda boring. I've been communicating with lots of people who are helping with different aspects of this build. Mainly the adapter has to be absolutely perfect and it will be after all the measuring and trials and errors and triple checking everything. I'm not exaggerating one bit. I'm not going to have any worries about bolting the engine and transmission together.

The spacing is not a problem either. The headers won't have to be modified AT ALL. The transmission and engine will be very close to level. All I can say is thank goodness for the body lift. I will be extending the steering shaft and using a flex joint on top of that to make sure there isn't any unnecessary stress on the steering components. I don't really care to use a spacer for the steering anymore as that option just seems like a temporary fix to me.

Let's see, the exhaust will be a simple matter. I'm going to have some flanges cut at the same time I have engine mounting plates water cut. I just plan on using my two long straight through 2" titanium mufflers with baffling in them. I guarantee you haven't a clue about what I really have in mind. The exhaust system will be unique, no doubt about that. I can't wait.

Power steering lines will be nearly last on the list... and AC lines will be the next last thing, heh. The can of paint that I used for the engine bay was supposed to be black but sprayed grey. I always thought that was kind of funny and come to find out that someone must have switched the caps on the can I bought! So my second can of paint was actually black so I'll have to go over the whole engine bay again which won't take long.

That's about all I can think of right now.