View Single Post
Unread 07-25-2012, 12:08 PM

Default Magpie's (Cliff"s) C95 Project

Hi! I signed in as a newbie some time ago but have finally decided to do something about the little bike I was given and document it here. It was built in November 1964 and brought to Canada by the previous owner, so the story goes. I got it from his daughter just before she left for Australia, come and get it she says the night before she left. I live in Victoria, B.C., she in Kelowna B.C. After a scramble to get a fellow to pick it up for me I dashed up there to pick it up. It's very rough and used as a trail bike. The last plate on it is a 1967 Alberta plate. It's sat for quite awhile as other projects came along but here we go. I've taken the motor out of the frame and started a disassembly to discover it's going to need a new head, pistons and rings. The bores look good and inside the cases looks okay too. The poor thing has been used, abused and put away wet many times. I did get it running which made we verry happy but the engine noises were quite something. The cam chain has been digging a gouge for itself for some time I think. Hopefully, in time, it will look some of the great projects done here.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF4215 - Copy.JPG (212.1 KB, 62 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF4221 - Copy.JPG (134.7 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF6571 - Copy.JPG (161.9 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF6586 - Copy.JPG (198.1 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF6588 - Copy.JPG (165.1 KB, 42 views)