View Single Post
Unread 07-26-2011, 04:00 PM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

So I called Eastern Tool and Equipment and I was completely shocked that the phone didn't even ring before someone on the other line was asking if they could help me. :0 wow that was the fastest pick up of all time by a company help line! Here is Eastern Tools website link to their contact information. What a great company! http://easterntools.com/contact_us.html

I'm going to have to email them tomorrow telling them how impressed I was by their customer service.

I was promptly redirected to a department that dealt with warrenty work on these machines and I told the gentleman what my situation was. I even told him I bough the machine from another company but it was one of their models that had been relabelled. Here is the model that ETQ produces that best matches what I have. Even though mine isn't a welder it does use the exact same engine as this model. http://easterntools.com/product_generator_dwg6le.html

For the record my "Tuff Equip" model is DG7250.

The man had no problem helping me work through my troubleshooting as I had studied all the terminology associated with this machine and that made the conversation fly right by without a hitch. Since I had fuel and some sputter he asked how many hours it had been used for and I also told him it was operated by someone who never bothered to have it serviced. He immediately pointed me in the direction of adjusting the valves. I thanked him for his help and went back to my computer. The service manual I have shows every adjustment you could need and a complete break down of the parts. The service manual also shows the recommended valve service should be done at 500 hours. Woops! Mine was at 3000 hours and it had never been serviced I'm sure. The manual suggests changing out the piston rings at 1000 hours... yeah right! Who are they trying to keep in business with crazy piston ring change intervals like that!!

The valve clearance with engine cold should be between 0.010 and 0.015 for the intake and exhuast. Easy enough.