View Single Post
Unread 02-09-2013, 02:38 PM

Default My name is Larz.. and I am a Honda addict

Its been a great month for me. I am trying to spool up my little version of a vintage shop. Mostly this is happening with Hondas, a relatively new experience for me, largely because I can't afford to play with Warbird airplanes, muscle cars, antique boats, hit and miss engines, etc.
Basically my whole life has been spent on the interest of transportation.
Most recently I've studied forms of quality measures and process improvement and became fascinated with the manufacturing applications and implications of these measures by the Japanese during the 60's.
By extension, Honda motorcycles are actually research.
My vintage shop, just me- Kaizen Vintage Moto is dedicated to the preservation of the vintage experience and sharing that experience, knowledge and camaraderie with others. Part of my mission is to find, improve, preserve and "re-home" bikes to folks in search of the their own "vintage experience".
That being said only to explain the number of bikes that seem to come my way- I am seeking them out.
Most recently I landed a Honda icon ( for me)- a 1965 Honda Cb450 K0 "Black Bomber". Apparently an older attempt at a mild custom (chrome in places it doesn't belong) it still seems rather complete. One of the main attractions was the bike came with just about everything David Silver Spares sells for the bike including the very nice quality exhaust mufflers.
All in all about a grand in receipted parts. I expect this one to be a keeper for a while and there are many projects ahead of it(including paying projects). What can I say _ I love Toaster Panels of all shapes and sizes...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF2224.jpg (270.3 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF2230.jpg (292.0 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF2243.jpg (264.7 KB, 6 views)