View Single Post
Unread 09-22-2007, 09:39 PM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

So here is the engine since I was last taking it apart... my spare Benly motor.

Since i had just had carefully taken apart the main engine I really had the process memorized. I took of the few remaining items and had the cases apart in 3 minutes from this point. B)

Now the nasty part of all of this was cleaning it! The insides of the spare engine were completely caked in oil residue like it was neglected. I have a hunch that the spare engine was used far more than the main engine and they changed the oil very few times in it's life. It was a good thing that all I needed was the bottom case and the new shifter post/rod that was attached to it.

It's nasty but it cleaned up just fine! I have this floor stripper that is water soluable that I buy in 5gallon buckets in concentrate. I dilute it 3 parts to 7 with water and it cleans oil and dirt at the same time, very well.

So this is about as far as the spare engine goes. I'll loosely assemble the parts and just put it aside. If anyone wants to buy spare parts from it you can email me at dexxter050 at yahoo.com

There isn't much left but it's almost impossible to find random parts like shift forks or springs and stuff from anywhere else.