View Single Post
Unread 06-10-2007, 12:10 PM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

I wanted the Honda ca95 cylinder apart that day and I wasn't planning on needing this cylinder as this is the spare motor. If this happened to my only cylinder I would probably be able to fuse the piece back into it's original position and hone it back to operating status. This would be doable since it would be held together by the engine case and it's not close enough to the combustion chamber where the massive forces are present. This would be LAST case scenerio since this piece is so rusty I wouldn't want to spend the time to hone it out to the point at which it's acceptable then I would have to figure out which overbore size piston and rings to use... then I would have to find them! These cylinders are out there for sale so I would just buy another one.

Here is the timing side of the engine. Don't try and crank on this side in order to turn it over. Everything is too delicate to chance damaging and nothing was designed to hold up to such great forces on this side. You will snap the head of that bolt right off and make some real problems for yourself! You can see that these pistons were solid rusty and the rings were super packed as a result... remember the amount of rust from the clutch gear? It expands to fill the gaps between the rings. The little Honda 150 pistons look as if they were seized but that wasn't the case. That's just how nasty the cylinders scored the piston as I had to force them out.