View Single Post
Unread 09-28-2007, 08:16 PM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

Boy it's sure nice having two of everything!!! In all my time I have learned that having an engine purely for parts is the best way to go whenever your working on an old engine or doing custom performance work on a hard to find engine. With a little patience you should be able to find another non-working engine on the cheapThe little parts that you need will nickle and dime you to death. I just happened to be in the right place at the right time when someone saw me riding my old CA160 and thought I might want to know about an old Honda that was available sitting in someones field. If anyone comes up to talk to you about your old Honda always tune in if they have any info on other bikes in your area for sale or parts or whatever! Someone actually approached me at lunch the other day to talk about bikes and give me a hint on a local guy who has a HUGE inventory of old original Honda parts in his garage!

When the cover is painted and assembled I'll post a picture of what it looks like assembled. Just make sure that if you are servicing the bike for a ride that you adjust the clutch and make sure that grease is circulating. When I fired up my CA160 for a ride the clutch wasn't engaging and I didn't know if the plates were stuck together or what. I had to adjust the cable on the bars to the furthest thread of the collar to make it work. I'm sure I need to check this adjuster and service it.