View Single Post
Unread 09-28-2007, 07:59 PM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

I finally found where the last seal goes from the oil seal kit. The only seal that I didn't know the location of is the only oil seal that has a metal surround. I was scratching my head on this one because I had the whole engine put together except for the covers and I didn't see where it went. It would have sucked if it was supposed to be inside the cases somewhere.

The metal ca95 seal goes on the clutch adjuster on the shifter side engine cover. Here is the schematic:

The metal seal is indicated by the #13. The reason it took me so long to find the location of this oil seal is that since the seal has a metal surround it looks like everything else, metal! It wasn't until I was prepping this cover for paint today that I realized it was right in front of me. This area of the cover is always covered in grease as a result of grease being liberally applied to this adjusting system. On the exterior there is a grease fitting for this apparatus. The seal actually has a dent in the side of it which must be applied in order to hold the seal in place. Since both my parts engine and the good engine have this dent in the seal that must be the reason. So when replacing this seal I will have to take a swing at it with a hammer. Here is the seal on the end of these "clutch adjusters" as referred to in the parts listing. Note the dent and how well it blends in!