View Single Post
Unread 12-17-2010, 05:42 PM

Default '65 CA95 Refresh

Introduction:

I'm a new member on the forum here, my name is Gregg. I have a couple of Hondas; a '71 CB500 SOHC4, a '97 Prelude, and this '65 CA95 150 Benly I picked up a few months ago. I'm playing catch-up with this first post, as I have project threads for the CB500 and the CA95 on the SOHC4 forum. Future posts here will likely be similar.

I've gathered 95% of my parts, and I'm almost ready to tear her down and rebuild.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Here we go!

Here's the latest addition to my stable. I can call two bikes a stable, right? Anyhow, she's a 1965 CA95 Benly Touring, all original, 5K miles, all the pieces are there (even the horribly corroded original petcock), never been restored, she was cheap, and...SHE RUNS ;D We got her to fire on both cylinders last night after a bad plug was resolved. Almost better than the deal on the bike was getting to meet the PO, who has a 5K square foot warehouse stuffed to the gills with about 100 rare old bikes and cars. I got invited back to work on projects and take pictures, and I didn't have my good camera, so better pics will come later.

My plan is to clean her up a little: replace the crusty cables, find a new petcock, clean the tank, find a new battery and cruise her around.

I've never worked on one of these, so any advice or good resources would be greatly appreciated!
-

The outside has great patina, but the inside is another story..

His homemade petcock...

...made kind of a mess...

The other side is much nicer

In his shop last night

And the few shots I managed to get without being rude and not listening to his stories about his bikes:

Triumph GT6 Fastback

A DeTomassa Pantera engine (w/incorrect head resting on it) Sitting next to an orange 454 engine.

SL90?

Name This Bike...

Two sweet bikes whose names I managed to forget..but the one on the right was by a company that was bought out by Harley, but this one was from before that) <EDIT> It's an Aermacchi on the right.

More to come as I clean her up. Maybe even a vid!?

Oh, and here's my 'stable'

Oh, and here's what's left of the bike's original petcock...

Last edited by Greggo325; 12-25-2010 at 08:09 PM.