View Single Post
Unread 03-11-2013, 05:49 AM

Hard to say until it gets here. This bike is way too complete to butcher so I'll preserve this one for sure. If the patina and paint are good then it will get my usual mechanical treatment and pretty much be left as is. At most the painted parts may get redone.
The bike fits my formula, 60's Honda, decent cosmetic shape, complete, and purchased right. Part of my mission is to save bikes from breakers when I can and get decent bikes in to the hands of others to enjoy the vintage bike experience. The interesting thing about this bike is that it is from the the North (Mn) and like others have suggested seems to be well taken care of and "put away" for winter months. There is very little corrosion as compared to the bikes I've been saving in the south. Additionally it has miles on it, about 15 k, so was a well used bike and should be mechanically fair to real good. Like most bikes I get involved with I can't keep it forever but will enjoy it until the next owner comes along. Could that be you Kev?